10 best RVs for a Family of 4
It was not until my family decided to go for Lakeside RV camping in North Carolina when I stumbled across the fascinating world of RVs. They truly come in all shapes and sizes, folks.
Finding the best RV for a family of 4 is no easy feat, nonetheless. The first thing I look for in an RV is the comfort level and sleeping arrangements, the kids need to be well-rested!
I have put together a list of 10 best RVs for a family of four based on the availability of amenities, family-friendly floor plans, sleeping arrangements, and comfort level. Read on to meet your best match!
Living on the wheels: 10 best RVs for a family of 4
Known for producing the most high-quality and dependable RVs, Lance has come up with a vehicle specially designed for families. Lance is leading the RV market by making a large variety of high-quality and lightweight trailers suitable for travelers and campers of all kinds.
The Lance 2185 Travel Trailer comes with a triple bunk bed and a queen bed, ensuring a comfortable night’s sleep. It has a floor-length of 21’2′‘, while its overall length is 25’8’’ with a height of 10’2’’. This is a lightweight RV weighing 4565lbs dry, so you won’t have much issue hauling it through a regular half-ton truck.
Another striking feature of this RV is that you can fold the bunk beds to create additional space for storing your camping/hiking equipment or bikes. The Rv comes with a standard 7-cubic foot refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a 3-Burner cooking range.
How does it suit a family of 4?
- This RV is eco-friendly and toxin-free. You get to have guilt-free fun!
- It is suitable for all seasons owing to extensive insulations in the walls and dual-paned windows.
- It has all the basic amenities complete with storage space for camp gear and bikes and it can accommodate up to 7 people.
This is a standard Class C RV designed specifically for families. Thor Motor Coach is regarded as North America’s Number 1 motorhome manufacturer and has a wide variety of vehicles to choose from.
Thor Four Winds 31E Class C Motorhome is ideal for families with children as well as pets. This RV is one of the 10 best RVs for a family of four, as it boasts of comfortable sleeping arrangements, complete amenities, and storage space.
Looking over at the amenities side, this RV comes with a double-door gas refrigerator, a microwave oven, 2-Burner gas stove, and a single induction cooktop. It has a central heating and coating system and water filtration equipment.
This RV is rich on the entertainment side, it has an exterior 32” Cable TV on Swivel Bracket which comes with a Bluetooth soundbar and radio.
What makes it suitable for a 4-member family
- This RV is a smooth ride with a Chevy/Ford engine and a 55-gallon fuel capacity.
- It has a classic bunkhouse model ensuring comfort.
- Rich on amenities and entertainment, it also comes with central air conditioning.
The Newmar Bay Star 3518 Motorhome has a classic Class A floorplan and holds the crown of being one of the best RVs out there!
Newmar Bay Star 3518 is a comfortable stay, it has a king-size bed in the rear master bedroom as well as 3 sofa convertibles. It has a sleeping capacity of up to 8 people. This RV has a central bathroom with vinyl flooring and a porcelain toilet.
On the amenities side, this RV comes with a mid-sized refrigerator, a 3-burner stove, and two-leather sofas. It has an automatic air conditioning system and a fireplace for the winters.
One of the major reasons why the Newmar Bay star 3518 made it to my list of best RVs for a family of 4 is its comfort level and luxurious decor. This motorhome sports vinyl ceiling panels, a TV, a soundbar system, a fireplace, aesthetic wallpapers, an interior wood finish… The list is long!
What makes it suitable for a family of 4?
- This RV has a reliable Triton V-10 engine, Ford F-Series Super Duty chassis with 80-gallon fuel capacity.
- It has a luxurious decor with plenty of sleeping as well as storage space.
- This RV comes with a lot of options for up gradation, you can add various amenities of your choice.
Fleetwood Bounder 36F is a perfect blend of luxury, outdoor entertainment, and comfort and hence an ideal match for an outdoorsy family! Bounder has remained one of the top favorite RVs for the past 35 years and this model is nothing short of family delight.
This RV has a king bed in the rear-end bedroom and multi-purpose bunk beds with a sleeping capacity of 8 people. It has two bathrooms with porcelain toilets, complete with shower baths that come with a skylight and a fiberglass shower surround.
Fleetwood Bounder 36F does not take amenities light. It has a washer dryer combo, a residential refrigerator, a 3-burner stove, and a convection microwave. This Rv is not skint on storage space either. It has a wardrobe and a dresser, a linen storage facility, pantry storage, and a CPAP storage facility in the bedroom.
With a luxurious interior design, this RV has a fireplace and a TV gaming center in the living area. It also has LED TVs in the bedroom and bunk area. The Entertainment center comes with an LED TV and a Bluetooth soundbar.
What makes it suitable for a family of 4?
- This RV has a reliable Ford Triton V-8 engine and 78-amp chassis battery with 80-gallon fuel capacity.
- It comes with a lot of amenities and is quite rich on the entertainment side.
- This RV is ideal for families that don’t like to travel light. It can carry a weight of 9,000 pounds and the side-swing aluminum luggage doors make it very convenient to load up the storage.
Thor Miramar 34.2 is for family campers that appreciate the outdoor aspect of camping. The floorplans of this Class A RV can give any Class C RV a run for its money.
There’s plenty of sleeping space in this RV as it comes with a king-size bed, 54’’x74’’ drop-down, overhead bunk beds, a convertible sofa-bed, and a dream dinette with a convenient dinette table-to-bed conversion. It has a central bathroom with a porcelain toilet and a shower.
Thor Miramar 34.2 does not take entertainment easy. It has a 40-inch LED TV in the living area, a 32-inch LED TV in the bedroom and a 32-inch external LED TV. It has a touch screen dash radio with Bluetooth and navigation in the driving area with a stow-away coffee table.
The amenities in this RV include, among several other facilities, plenty of storage space, a residential refrigerator, 3-burner stove, and an exterior kitchen.
What makes this RV suitable for your family:
- It is well-suited for families that like to take their cooking and entertainment outside.
- The whole family can have their private sleeping spots as this RV has plenty of separate sleeping areas.
- You can upgrade this RV to add many other amenities according to your liking.
The Newmar Mountain Aire 4550 is gonna make your wife/daughters squeal with joy. Why, you ask? I have four words for you my friend: Vanity space and pull-out cabinets.
This RV is spacious, has maple cabinets, hardwood window sills, and a Michelin tile flooring.
It has two convertible sofa beds and a king bed in the rear bedroom. The storage space in this RV is plentiful: It has a full-size bedroom closet, CAP storage, and a safe in the bedroom, a pantry, and pull-out cabinets in the kitchen, and a vanity table with medicine closet in the living area.
The Newmar Mountain Aire 4550 comes with the usual amenities including a washer/drier facility, a full-size refrigerator, a 2-burner stove. It has 3-Sony TV sets with a soundbar. It also has two vinyl recliners. This RV has three 15M Penguin™ Heat Pump Central Air Conditioners with Remote Control Thermostat.
What makes it suitable for a family of four:
- This RV has a Cummins, I6 Diesel Pusher engine with Freightliner chassis brand, model SL Series.
- For families that like their comfort and aesthetics combined, this RV is a dream come true.
- It comes with an option of expansion for families that wish to experience luxurious camping.
Presenting the affordable Class A RV with a Class C floorplan, Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A!
Admiral 28A has a king-size bed in the master bedroom that comes with a designer bedspread and a headboard. It has a jack knife 68” sofa and bunk beds with reading lights in the living area. The bathroom is attached to the master bedroom. It has a standard porcelain toilet as well as a macerator porcelain toilet along with a shower and medicine cabinet.
This RV has three TV sets, one each in the living room, the bedroom, and the bunk area. However, it is the 50” outdoor TV set that truly amplifies this RV. It also has ceiling speakers in the living area and a Bluetooth coach system in the bedroom. It comes with all the basic amenities including smoke detectors, generator, cable TV, an exterior shower, and a water purification system as well as an aesthetic interior having Lino flooring and a vinyl padded ceiling.
How does it suit a family of 4:
- This RV is ideal for a family of four that wants entertainment and a nice floorplan in a budget.
- It is very well-suited for families with pets as it is pet-friendly and has a doggy-window as well.
- It has a very familial and relaxed vibe owing to the under-cabinet lighting and has a multi-zonal communication network.
Thor Chateau 31E is a spacious RV designed by North America’s Number 1 motorhome manufacturers – Thor motorcoach.
This RV has rear bunk beds, a queen bed in the master bedroom with an awning, and a wardrobe. It also has a 68’’ jack knife sofa, as a living area during the day and sleeping area during the night. In addition to this, it also has a cab-over bunk area. It has a central bathroom with a porcelain toilet and a shower.
It has a fully functional kitchen complete with a pantry and a refrigerator. a great choice for a family RV. This RV comes with two TV sets, one each in the bedroom and the cab-over bunk area as well as an optional exterior TV.
What makes this RV suitable for a family of 4:
- It has a reliable 73L Ford Engine with Ford E series chassis, ensuring a worry-free and reliable ride.
- You can add a lot of optional amenities according to your budget and needs.
- There is plenty of open space for kids to play indoor games owing to the full-wall slide.
Tiffin Allegro 36UA is easily the longest RV on my list. This 38-feet long beast is ideal for families that like their longing area to be spacious.
This RV has a king bed with overhead cabinets, a couple of bunk beds, and an optional drop-down front bunk. It has two bathrooms, a central bathroom with a porcelain toilet, and an attached bathroom with a shower, porcelain toilet, optional washer and dryer, and storage space. It also has a wardrobe and two sets of overhead cabinets, one each in the living area and the bedroom.
It has one of the most spacious dining areas known to any RV, a booth dinette with optional computer workstations for the workaholics.
What makes it suitable for a family of four
- This RV is ideal for having some family time on the wheels, owing to the spacious dining area.
- You can add several other amenities to this RV, including computer workstations and an ultra leather air coil sofa bed.
The Freelander 31MB is a Class C motorhome. This is another long and spacious RV with a length of 33 feet, again suitable for families who value indoor family time.
It has a classic Class C floorplan, with a master bedroom, a cab-over bed, rear bunk in this model will also be popular. In addition to the main dinette in the living area, it also has a small dinette when the top bunk bed flips up.
It has a central bathroom, a kitchen complete with a pantry, a 3-burner stove, microwave, and overhead cabinets.
What makes it suitable for a family of four
- It has a very spacious lounging area with special considerations for kids.
- This is an affordable RV with all the basic amenities and classic floor design.
When it comes to RVs, every family has its own unique needs and ideals. Hence, no one size fits all. Luckily you have a wide selection to choose from.
The first thing that you must lookout for in an RV is reliability. Traveling with family is fun but it is a huge responsibility as well, so always go for RVs with reliable engines and never neglect its maintenance.