Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker Review
Celestron is a well-known company in the western part of the world and is known for its quality optical instruments that are used for seeing things at far distances. The company started with the manufacture and design of telescopes then slowly but steadily expanded its business and became what it is today, having its fair share of highs and lows. The company is based only in the United States of America and doesn’t have any other manufacturing units as of now.
Since the whole of the manufacturing takes place in the city of Torrance, California in the United States of America, one can hardly doubt their quality as they use the best materials that are available on the market. Read on for the rest of the Celestron Trailseeker Review.
The company is comparatively new when it comes to the world of binoculars, but they have already made quite an impression in the market with their small number of high-quality models. They have won a lot of prizes, accolades, and critical appreciation at different forums and meetings. This is the reason first-time buyers and experts both wait eagerly for their products so that they can experience firsthand the brilliance of the design and manufacture.
Celestron Trailseeker Review
This model of theirs is comprised of all the features that their previous models have had and, in addition to that, it is budget friendly so that their users can experience the best that is there to offer at an affordable price.
The body of this set of binoculars is made up of an alloy of magnesium which makes the binoculars lightweight and easy to handle. The alloy increases the durability and strength of the binoculars as well, making it possible for them to be used in rough terrains and in the fields as well. These binoculars have an extremely large field of view so that the user can easily locate the subject and easily follow its tracks without moving the product much.
These binoculars allow the users to magnify their subject up to 8 times so that they can see all the colors and easily watch each and every move without having any trouble.
Celestron Trailseeker Features
Each product has some features which people are looking for and so they buy the product. Some products have an abundance of features, so many that they cannot be fully explained in a single article, while some products these days have such inadequate features that bloggers and writers have to search for words so that they can make the product look better than what it actually is. Fortunately, Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker 8×42 Binoculars fall into the former category.
Truthfully speaking, the number of features contained in this product is so large that it would need a whole complete article to discuss them adequately. We will be discussing some of the important features of this product which we believe will be enough to persuade you to try them out at least once before deciding on whether you will be buying it or not.
Some of the features of this product are: –
- The body of this set of binoculars is made of magnesium alloy which makes it lightweight and durable so that it is easy to use and has a long life as well, without the need to take any special precautions to protect it.
- The central bridge of the set of binoculars that are used to connect the two barrels is very thin as compared to other binoculars. This helps in reducing the weight as well as allowing a better grip because more surface area of the barrels is now available to hold.
- This set of binoculars features BaK-4 prisms which are the finest Porro prisms available on the market. They are made of superior optical glass, allowing for extremely clear images to be obtained. They have a perfect round curvature which helps in better light transmission and also provides great edge-to-edge sharpness. In these binoculars, these prisms come with phase and dielectric coatings which further help with the quality of the image.
- The field of view of these binoculars is astonishingly wide which helps in locating the subject easily as well as with the follow-up. This means that apart from locating the subject easily courtesy of the wide field of view, it is easy to keep track of it as well without any effort.
- The optics of this set of binoculars are fully coated multiple times so that they help to enhance light transmission. This helps with bright image formation and a higher resolution.
- These binoculars provide the user with the option of close focusing on the subject up to a distance of 6.5 feet so that the user can observe the subject in its full detail and keep track of each and every movement without the subject even noticing.
- They have a very artistic design which is suitable for our current times so that it won’t look dated or out of fashion any time soon.
- These binoculars can be mounted on top of a tripod or a monopod so that the users can see the subject for a long period of time without using their hands.
- The eyecups of this set of binoculars are easy to use and have been designed in such a way that they can be easily used by those users who wear eyeglasses as well.
- The binoculars are waterproof and fog proof which means they can be used in rough and harsh climates without any difficulty.
- All the air inside each and every compartment of this set of binoculars was removed and replaced with nitrogen gas and sealed. The sealing of all the compartments ensures that no dust or dirt particles ever enter the inside of the binoculars as well as keeping out water. This makes it feasible to use binoculars in harsh conditions without worrying about damaging them. The inside of the binoculars is filled with nitrogen which is a type of dry gas, making the internal areas free of any moisture. This has lots of advantages as having no moisture ensures that the internal surface of the glass doesn’t ever get misted up. Secondly, there will be no corrosion at all which means the binoculars will have a longer life as compared to the other binoculars on the market. Last but not least, the absence of any moisture ensures that there is no mold formation on the surface of the binocular.
- All the binoculars are armored, but the utility of this reinforcement depends on the type and quality of the material that is used to provide the exterior cover. The entire exterior surface of the product is rubber coated which is generally very thick. The rubber used for this process is very hard. This helps in protecting the surface of the binocular from any scratches or markings. The manufacturers have provided a fine texture on the surface of this hard rubber so that one can get a better grip which will make it easier to hold the binoculars steadily in the hand.
- Users can adjust the width of the binoculars at their leisure. The binoculars can be adjusted from 5.5cm to 7.3cm. Because of the large range, the binoculars can be used by children and adults with equal ease.
- One can easily adjust the focal length of the binoculars according to personal preference. The focus wheel is almost 3cm in diameter, which is wide enough for people to get a grip on it and operate it.
- The eyecup and the eyecup housing both are made of metal, whereas the parts for other binoculars in the same price range are made of plastic. This makes the area much more durable as it is the area that is damaged most often.
Celestron Trailseeker Pros
A product is only as good as its pros. The thing that makes it better than the others is why we buy it and that’s why it is important for us to check out the various areas in which the set of Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker 8×42 Binoculars (Army Green) is better than the others.
- The magnesium body provides more than enough strength to justify the slightly higher weight of the binocular as compared to the other ones available on the market.
- The thick rubber armor helps in protecting the surface of the binoculars from any type of mark or scratch as well as providing a feel of quality at the same time.
- The fine texture provided on the rubber grip reduces the luster of the binoculars which comes in very handy for those people who want to hide their presence like hunters or those who have gone to watch wildlife.
- One can easily mount this set of binoculars on top of a tripod or a monopod to have a hands-free viewing experience in case the user going to watch something for a long period of time. These binoculars are very steady on tripods and monopods and there are no difficulties using them.
Celestron Trailseeker Cons
Every product has some cons along with the pros and the same is true with Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker 8×42 Binoculars (Army Green). This product has some negatives as pointed out by some of the experts and users. If potential buyers have any problems with them, they must consider carefully whether they’d like to proceed with purchasing this product or not.
- The magnesium alloy body is relatively heavier than the plastic body that some binoculars have.
- The exterior of the binoculars is armored with thick high-quality rubber causing the body not to feel as “squishy” as some would like. The hard rubber also reduces the impact cushioning which can lead to damage to the binoculars in case they ever fall from someone’s hand. The grip provided by this hard rubber is a lot less than what a softer rubber would provide and it gets worse if one is using the binoculars in a wet or moist environment.
- The diopter adjustment is made of plastic which is not as durable as those that are made of metal. In addition, there is no locking system for the diopter adjustment which can lock on to a specific setting. Users have to adjust the binoculars each time they use them to set them for their own eyes.
The Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker 8×42 Binoculars (Army Green) is one of the finest set of binoculars that is available on the market right now. They are quite economically priced as well, which further adds to their merits. They received a lot of awards in the year they were released which goes to show that they have been accepted by experts as well as regular users.
The experts have performed various tests on them and decided to choose them as the best among the hundreds of other binoculars from other well-known companies.
The materials used for the manufacturing of the body of this set of binoculars to the material used for coating on the lenses are all top quality which will give these binoculars a long life as well as make the overall viewing experience even better. There are a few cons as well with the product such as no lock system for keeping the diopter adjustment intact and the hard rubber armor not providing as much of a grip as one might have preferred but all the minuses are overshadowed by the large number of positives that this set of binoculars has. In addition to all this, the cost of this particular set of binoculars is extremely reasonable if one counts the number of features that it packs.
Having all these features at such a price makes it stand out from the rest and that’s why it won a large number of accolades at international meetings and forums. If you are comfortable with the small number of negatives, then this is the product that you should buy as no other product at this price offers such a wide range of features along with a quality build.
This video was inserted for its explanation of the subject matter. Thanks to: Best Binocular Reviews
The Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker Binoculars are a popular choice for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. Here are some key features of this binocular model:
- Magnification: These binoculars have a magnification of 8x, meaning objects viewed through them will appear 8 times closer than they would with the naked eye.
- Objective lens diameter: The objective lens diameter of these binoculars is 42mm, which means they can gather a lot of light and provide a bright image even in low-light conditions.
- Field of view: The field of view of these binoculars is 426 feet at 1000 yards, which is wide enough to capture a lot of scenery at once.
- Prism type: The TrailSeeker Binoculars use BaK-4 prisms, which are known for their high quality and superior light transmission.
- Coatings: The lenses of these binoculars are fully multi-coated, meaning they have multiple layers of anti-reflective coatings that help to reduce glare and provide a clear, bright image.
- Waterproof and fog proof: These binoculars are nitrogen-purged and O-ring sealed, making them waterproof and fog proof.
- Comfortable to use: The TrailSeeker Binoculars have twist-up eyecups and long eye relief, making them comfortable to use even for people who wear glasses.
Overall, the Celestron 71404 TrailSeeker Binoculars are a great choice for outdoor enthusiasts who want a high-quality, durable binocular that can provide a bright and clear image even in challenging lighting conditions.