Are you planning to go on a vacation but also want to keep it pocket friendly? To me, renting an RV is a great option as it provides a wide range of benefits, including comfort, affordability, and flexibility.
If you rent an RV for a week, it will cost you less as compared to many hotels and resorts. Oh and those who can afford one, I would advise you to try renting one. Why? Keep reading.
Even if you’re buying it, you should rent the RV first to check whether the new lifestyle is suitable for you or not. You’ll be more confident in choosing the right RV to own.
Renting an RV has become a very popular trend nowadays as you don’t need a large amount of money to spend on maintenance. A minimum of $715 is required for the maintenance of an RV every month.
Having your own RV requires a large amount of money for its maintenance and insurance costs. Hence, the better option is to rent it whenever you feel like going on a vacation.
Increase your income by renting your own RV to other travelers. Do you know how many RVs remain unused since the last time they hit the road? Well, I wouldn’t say I know the right answer, but the percentage is quite high.
My point is, you should rent yours and make extra money, instead of adding up your maintenance cost. In fact, you can easily cover all the running expenses by renting it out.
If you are an RV owner and want to rent it, there are websites such as RVshare and Outdoorsy, and RV rental companies for this purpose. RVshare allows travelers to directly contact RV owners without involving any third person.
How to Rent Your RV?
If you’re renting your RV for the first time, follow these basics to keep in mind:
You Are the Owner
The best thing about renting your RV is you are the one who decides:
- Who can rent it
- What information will be shared
- On what dates it’s available.
Sell Your Vehicle
Take some pictures of your vehicle and upload it on the website by writing a detailed description of your RV. It’s the looks and awesome description that’ll lure the renters.
Show Them the Way
After finding a potential renter, you should meet the renter in person and show them how they can use the RV.
Renting an RV from an RV rental company can be a great choice. You can rent it for a few days, but it will be better if you rent it for a week.
- Add the dates on the website when you are going to travel and where you are located. After some time, the website will show you those RV’s available on the required dates.
- After finding an RV according to your requirements, click on the picture and carefully go through the description of the vehicle.
- If you find a suitable RV, immediately press the “book” button and when your request is accepted, meet the owner of the RV to have a demo.
Yes, you can rent an RV for a week as there is a wide range of accessible weekly RV rentals. They are more low-budget as compared to the other short-term rentals, but the question is: Where can you find a weekly RV rental?
You can contact different rental companies, dealerships, and RV rental marketplace, offering a weekly RV rental offer. A budget-friendly RV will be smaller and older, while one of the best places to find a variety of RV’s is any peer-to-peer website.
Guide to Rent an RV for a Week
If you want to rent an RV for a week, the procedure will be similar to renting it for days or months. Following these steps will be helpful for you while renting an RV.
- Open any recommended company website and start searching for a suitable RV according to your requirements. Then, enter the dates in which you want an RV to make certain the RV is available during that time.
- You will be able to see the cost, including the deposits and other charges. If you rent an RV for a week, you will be able to get a discount as well.
- Carefully read the fine print as many rental companies add additional charges for bringing pets, smoking, and returning the RV after the due time.
- You need to check what type of financial security the rental agency offers as many rental companies give accountability security. But getting your own financial security will be a good option.
- Your rental company will ask you to submit the deposit to make sure the booking of the RV is confirmed. After getting the RV, you will be given a demo, or the company will make you watch different videos to understand how the system works.
- The owner of the RV will do a walk around after getting it to make sure there are no damages, and if the company finds any damage, they will settle the account prior to your deposit.
There are many different types of RV’s and the cost of renting it for a week depends upon the size, type, and how old the RV is. Here are a few types of RV’s which you can find at different rental agencies.
- The type of an RV similar to a bus-style motorhome is known as Class A RV, which is 45 feet long and recommended for almost eight people. This type of RV is the most lavish and expensive, among others.
- Another type of RV known as Class B is small in size and can be converted into a van. Its length is 17 feet, which is an ideal size for a couple or three people maximum. Class B RV offers basic facilities, including a TV, kitchen, and bed.
- The best RV among others is Class C, smaller than class As with 25 to 30 feet in length. Many individuals prefer to rent the class Cs RV as it has more space in it. You can find one bed in the back and one above the driving area.
- The travel trailer is a towable RV, which is great for those owning their personal pulling vehicle. The 9 to 15 feet long travel trailers are the smallest as compared to the other. It can be dragged by a van or small truck.
- Another similar type of RV is the fifth wheel, which is also towable and can be fixed above the shaft of the truck. They are 25 to 40 feet in length.
You can choose an RV according to your budget while keeping in mind how much money you can spend on an RV for a week. For instance, if your family has four members in it, you can book a class C RV as it is quite spacious.
An ideal way of traveling different areas in your wishlist is possible by renting an RV, as traveling in an RV is an entirely different experience. You can enjoy the comfort of your home while being away from home. In case you don’t own one, you should definitely rent it.